Abel Tasman Coastal Track Freedom trek
Abel Tasman 3 day Freedom Trek
For those who just can’t get enough of this golden-sand paradise. Spend three or four days walking the track, which is one of the New Zealand great walks, and take time to explore some of the many side tracks to secluded beaches, inspiring viewpoints and forest fringed streams.
This package is ideal for people with a reasonable level of fitness who want to carry their own gear and meet people in shared bunkhouse accommodation along the way.
HighlightsAbel Tasman Great Walk 3 days
For those who just can’t get enough of the golden-sand paradise of Abel Tasman National Park. Spend three or four days walking the track, which is one of the New Zealand great walks, and take time to explore some of the many side tracks to secluded beaches, inspiring viewpoints and forest fringed streams.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
Abel Tasman 3 Day Freedom Trek
Stay in the DOC huts along the way (in typical bunkhouse type accommodation). You will need to organise and carry your own pack, including food, sleeping bag and cooking & eating utensils. The DOC huts are located at Anchorage, Bark Bay and Awaroa.
These walks can be done in either direction – from South to North, or North to South along the Abel Tasman Track. The tides indicate the direction of each trip and so your departure date sets the direction of your trip. Never fear, either way you walk, it is an extraordinary experience!
South to North
Stay at the DOC huts at Anchorage, Bark Bay and Awaroa.
North to South
Stay at the DOC huts at Awaroa, Bark Bay and Anchorage
This trip does not include any food or any pack transfers. You will have to carry your own sleeping bag/pack/cooking equipment and food.
Duration : 3 or 4 days
Departure Location: Marahau. Possible pick-Up/ drop off from your accommodation.
Departure Time : 7.00am
Departure Dates : Daily
Pace : Moderate
Level of fitness required : Moderate
What to bring
Summer : Sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, camera and warm outer layer clothing recommended.
Winter : Wear thermals including woolen socks, warm clothing, hat, gloves, windproof jacket, sunglasses, insect repellent & camera.
You can wear running shoes (trainers, sneakers etc) without having to use specialized hiking boots, sports sandals (sandals with support strap across the back of the heel), hiking boots , water shoes. Jandals are not recommended.
- Pickup from Nelson, Motueka or Marahau
- All Department of Conservation (DOC) hut fees
- Water taxi connections
- Your personalized itinerary and maps
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: