Horse & Wagons Tours
Horse & Wagon Tours
Come and meet Duke the Clydesdale, our gentle giant who will take you on a unique and tranquil journey back in time.
Grooming and petting Duke the Clydesdale Jade and gem stone collecting Local historical stories and photos Stunning scenery and photo opportunities Enjoy a camp fire, tea and damper bread refreshments.
Milford Sound at the mountainous north end of Fiordland National Park is the classic fiord - a deep-water inlet between steep sided high mountains. Milford Sound is a middle-sized fiord at around 13 kms in length and it is famous for its dramatic scenery, especially Mitre Peak.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
Golden Sands Horse and Wagon Tours offers you the opportunity to travel in the footsteps of the early pioneers, down one of New Zealand’s most beautiful, unspoiled wild West Coast beaches. On the way, learn about our rich ‘Coast Road’ gold mining and pioneer heritage as if you were a part of it yourself.
The pace is relaxed, with plenty of time for exploring. Activities include gem stone collecting, (Barrytown beach is the best jade hunting beach in NZ), making damper bread, boiling the billy over an open fire, wildlife spotting and photography.
Tour Particulars:Duration : 2.5 Hours Departure Location : 3456 Coast Rd, Barrytown.(7 min from Punakaiki) Departure Time : from 9am ( depends of the tide) Departure Dates : All year Pace : Sightseeing Level of fitness required : Very Easy
What to bring
Camera,worm clothes and any medications
- 2-hour boat cruise in Milford Sound with free food!
- Coach connections
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: