Kaikoura Kayaks Guided Family
Kaikoura Kayaks - Guided Family Kayaking
Enjoy the kayaking adventure of a lifetime in Kaikoura!
Catch up with the local fur seals, blue penguins and dusky dolphins as they duck and dive around the scenic Kaikoura coastline. You can do seal kayaking, family kayaking, sunset kayak tours, and kayak fishing. The qualified instructors are trained professional who can skilfully guide you with comprehensive safety procedures and paddling techniques to keep you safe and dry. Take in the breathtaking scenery of the peninsula with the sheer cliff faces, craggy rocks and mountain tops while you leisurely paddle around the coastline or ride the surf in the fresh summer breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean while enjoying the marine life close up!
HighlightsMarine wildlife encounters Kaikoura scenery
Enjoy the kayaking adventure of a lifetime in Kaikoura! Catch up with the local fur seals, blue penguins and dusky dolphins as they duck and dive around the scenic Kaikoura coastline
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
Enjoy paddling around Kaikoura’s aquatic wonderland at a leisurely pace taking in the views and enjoying the thrill of getting right up close to New Zealand's marine life. Your guide will ensure your kayaking tour around the Kaikoura Peninsula is exceptionally safe, highly memorable and great fun. Paddling time is approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. A 45 minute briefing at the start of your tour covers gearing up, learning how to paddle and steer your kayak and covers our safety guidelines. A recommendation is the morning tour’s usually have the calmest sea conditions and the best interaction with marine life.
Duration : Half Day
Departure Location: 19 Killarney Street Kaikoura (1 km from the Kaikoura Information Centre).
Departure Time : 8:30am- 12:30pm and 4:30 pm ( summer season ) and 8:30 am -12:30pm ( winter season)
Departure Dates : Year Round, closed on Christmas Day
Pace : Relaxed Adventure/Wildlife
Level of fitness required : Moderate
What to bring
Light or quick drying pants (no jeans!)
A change of clothes
- A top quality double sea kayak.
- Life jacket, paddle
- Spray skirt
- Paddle jacket
- Dry bags for cameras and guide.
- Transport to and from paddling area
- Wet shoes
- Poggies, like gloves
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: