Kaikoura Kayaks Seal Kayaking
Kaikoura Kayaks - Seal Kayaking
Enjoy the kayaking adventure of a lifetime in Kaikoura!
Catch up with the local fur seals, blue penguins and dusky dolphins as they duck and dive around the scenic Kaikoura coastline. You can do seal kayaking, family kayaking, sunset kayak tours, and kayak fishing. The qualified instructors are trained professional who can skilfully guide you with comprehensive safety procedures and paddling techniques to keep you safe and dry. Take in the breathtaking scenery of the peninsula with the sheer cliff faces, craggy rocks and mountain tops while you leisurely paddle around the coastline or ride the surf in the fresh summer breeze that comes off the Pacific Ocean while enjoying the marine life close up!
HighlightsMarine wildlife encounters Kaikoura scenery
Enjoy the kayaking adventure of a lifetime in Kaikoura! Catch up with the local fur seals, blue penguins and dusky dolphins as they duck and dive around the scenic Kaikoura coastline.
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
Experience the excitement of watching fur seals ducking, weaving and diving around your kayak. Paddle gently along with them as they swim around the Kaikoura Peninsula hunting for their favorite feed of octopus. But be sure to keep your distance as they devour their delicious dinner in front of you, then watch in amazement as hundreds of Pelagic (ocean going) birds swoop in to clean up the tasty left-overs.This adventure around the beautiful coastal waters takes in the breathtaking views of sheer cliff faces, craggy rocks and mountain ranges while searching for chance encounters with dusky dolphins and blue penguins.The first 1½ to 2hrs is spent paddling around the coastline after the 45 minute briefing at the start of your adventure. This covers gearing up, basic kayaking and paddling lessons along with our stringent safety protocols and also includes a 15 minute debrief at the end of your tour.
Duration : Half Day
Departure Location: 19 Killarney Street Kaikoura (1 km from the Kaikoura Information Centre).
Departure Time : 8:30am- 12:30pm and 4:30 pm ( summer season ) and 8:30 am -12:30pm ( winter season)
Departure Dates : Year Round, closed on Christmas Day
Pace : Relaxed Adventure/Wildlife
Level of fitness required : Moderate
What to bring
Light or quick drying pants (no jeans!)
A change of clothes
- A top quality double sea kayak.
- Life jacket, paddle
- Spray skirt
- Paddle jacket
- Dry bags for cameras and guide.
- Transport to and from paddling area
- Wet shoes
- Poggies, like gloves
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: