Kawarau River Rafting
Kawarau River Rafting - Queenstown
Providing an adventure experience from calm to wild waters , Queenstown rafting has something for everyone.
Stunning natural surroundings and a raging river that runs wild all year make Queenstown the perfect location for white water rafting.
HighlightsRafting the River Anduin from the Lord of The Rings. Exhilarating fun rafting!
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
The Kawarau river is ideal for first time rafters or suited to those looking for a more relaxed rafting experience, or groups of mixed ability/ages. There is plenty of white water action, but also time to sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery. Keep an eye on the other rafts though, as there is a good chance of a water fight! It’s the Kawarau river that starred as the River Anduin in Lord of the Rings. The grandeur of the canyons imparts a feeling of paddling through the heart of middle Earth. Enjoy the unforgettable 400m long dog leg rapid, New Zealand’s longest commercially rafted rapid before returning to Queenstown for a sauna and shower at Cavells rafting Base.
Kawarau : River Grade 2-3
Minimum weight is 40 kg.
Minimum age is 13 years old.
Rafting trips require a minimum number of 8 clients to confirm.
Clients should be water confident.
Duration : 4.5 hours
Departure Location : Queenstown Rafting Shop, 35 Shotover Street, Queenstown
Departure Time : 8.00am and 1.00pm
Departure Dates : Daily (suitable weather conditions).
Pace : Adventure
Level of fitness required: Moderate
What to bring
Swimsuit and towel
- Transfer to rafting put-in ,rafting on the Kawarau river
- Transfer from downtown Queenstown to Cavells Rafting Base.
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and safety equipment.
- Extensive safety briefing
- Hot showers and sauna.
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: