Mt Aspiring NP Jet Boat and Wilderness Walk
Mt Aspiring National Park Adventures
You will be introduced to the Mount Aspiring National Park and Maori beliefs about the mountains and the waterways that flow from them. You will learn of all of these aspects while enjoying our totally unique wilderness experience which incorporates Mount Aspiring, hanging glaciers, cultural and environmental information, and the exhilaration of a jet boat ride and the peace of a wilderness walk.
HighlightsLongest jetboat ride in New Zealand Mt Aspiring National Park Hiking
Flowing from Glaciers, the pristine waters of the Matukituki River are perfect to experience river boating on the longest and most spectacular jet boat tour in New Zealand. Travel at speed over shallow braids, drift into turns and yes… experience exciting spins, stopping in deep pools to breathe in the magic of the landscape & hear stories of this land from your local guides. Deep in the mountains & off the beaten track, enjoy a 50-minute nature walk through moss covered forest, waterfalls and glacier fed streams. Walk in awe beneath Avalanche Glacier when conditions permit or into McGills Creek to explore one of the most beautiful and serene forest walks. Hear the stories of this unique ice carved landscape and see photo opportunities not to miss. The only jet boat company to see Mount Aspiring and Glaciers.
Duration : 4 hours
Departure Location : 99 Ardmore Street, Wanaka.
Departure Time : October - May: 10.00am & 1.00pm and June - September: 11.00am.
Departure Dates : All year. Except 25/26 December, and from mid May to mid June.
Pace : Adventure
Level of fitness required: Easy to Moderate
What to bring
Casual Outdoor Clothing
Summer : shorts and a couple of light layers. Bring a sweater or light jacket.
Winter : dress warmly, layers and a jacket, bring hat and gloves if you have them. If you are here for skiing or snowboarding, wear your ski gear.
- Life jacket & wet weather gear.
- Warm hats, gloves
- Heated hand rails and footrests
- Courtesy shuttle
- Local guides
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: