Waitomo Adventures Lost World - Full Day
The most amazing New Zealand caving adventures! Waitomo adventure centre is just 2 hours south of Auckland, 1 hour south of Hamilton, and 2 hours west of Rotorua These unique and mind-blowing caving adventures offer something for all ages.
HighlightsWaitomo Glowworm Caves 100m abseil
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
The 100m free-hanging abseil will astound you, but that’s only the beginning. Make sure you eat your lunch (provided) because you’re going to spend the rest of the day walking, wading and swimming through the cavernous passages of this famous underground system. Generally the ceiling is about 50-80m above you - this cave is big. See giant fossil oysters and whalebones; giant flowstone (looks like icing sugar running down the walls). Lots of fun & optional challenges - water jumps; climbs and spiders.
Duration : 7 Hours
Departure Location : 654 Waitomo Caves Rd.
Departure Time : 9am, 10am.
Departure Dates : All year except Christmas & New Year's Days.
Pace : Adventure
Level of fitness required: Easy
What to bring
Long thick socks (suitable for bush walking
A towel & toiletries for a shower afterwards.
- Overalls, gumboots and all specialist gear.
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: