Waitomo and Rorotrua Deluxe Day Tour
Waitomo and Rotorua Deluxe Day Tour
This full day sightseeing tour has it all! Experience magical glowworms and world-famous limestone formations at Waitomo Caves, as well as the rich cultural heritage and geothermal bounty of Rotorua.
HighlightsWaitomo Glowworm Caves Te Puia Geyser Rotorua Maori Cultural Experience
Terms and Conditions
Click here for the full
Leaving Auckland in the morning, we travel through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions. Your experienced local driver guide will provide entertaining commentary and point out historical sites of interest including Rangiriri, the location of a major battle in the Maori Land Wars in 1863. On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, enjoy a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with their amazing stalactites, stalagmites, towering caverns and other rock formations. Your tour finishes with a short but magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto – an underground cavern illuminated by the twinkling lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Leaving Waitomo, enjoy a delicious picnic style lunch en route to Rotorua, in the heart of the Central North Island. Visit the Agrodome on the outskirts of Rotorua and take a tour of an organic working farm in all terrain vehicles. Get an insight into farming life in New Zealand as you see sheep-shearers in action and view a livesheep dog trial. At the conclusion of the Agrodome tour, we make our way to Te Puia, one of New Zealand's foremost cultural venues. At Te Puia's marae (meeting house) you will receive a traditional welcome and be invited to experience a Maori cultural performance, in which ancient and modern stories are told through song, dance, poi and stick games. You'll gain an understanding of this unique culture and its history and be thoroughly entertained by the talented and charismatic performers.
Next, venture into a landscape unlike any other with a guided tour of the bubbling mudpools and active geysers of the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley. See the world-famous Pohutu geyser unleash vapour jets up to 30 metres high. The tour also includes a visit to Te Puia's woodcarving and weaving schools, where apprentices are trained in these traditional skills by master carvers and weavers.
After your full day Waitomo and Rotorua tour, board the coach for the return journey to Auckland. A delicious afternoon snack, including traditional Maori rewana bread, can be enjoyed en route.
Duration : Full Day
Departure Location : Sky City Coach Terminal (Auckland)
Departure Time : 7.30am
Departure Dates : Operates daily
Pace : Sightseeing
Level of fitness required: Easy
What to bring
Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour.
- Agrodome organic farm tour.
- Maori cultural performance at Te Puia.
- Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley geothermal tour.
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 45 days or more before the start of the tour, the cancellation fee will be equivalent to the deposit paid
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 30 to 45 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 25% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 to 30 days before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 50% of the contract price
- Where the date of cancellation is a date 7 days or less before the start of the tour the cancellation fee shall be 100% of the contract price
Create your custom itinerary
Start planning and create your own custom New Zealand itinerary here: